Send As SMS
-->

THE CHILD

Picture Gallery
Growing Up
Growing Up 2
Growing Up 3
1st Birthday
2nd Birthday
3rd Birthday
Sick Baby
Climbing Stairs
Christmas 2004
The First Dance
Cancer discovery
Transfer to PCMC

COMFORT MY MOM

send an e-mail to


prayed for Py? e-mail your mailing address to:
delisyus @ gmail . com

LEAVE KIND WORDS


GIVE HELP

Kythe Foundation
Cancer Warriors
Save Jack Simbulan
World Vision
Give a Life
PGH
Project Brave Kids


HELPFUL LINKS

RX Pinoy
Fight Cancer
Health for Life
Philhealth Info
PGH
H.O.P.E.
FAD Inc.
Asian Health Outreach Foundation
MAX Foundation
Parallel Universes

PAST POSTS

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
July 2007
September 2007
November 2007
December 2007
March 2008

Credits Given

Powered By: Blogger
Pictures At:Photobucket and SmugMug

Layout By:Trina & Hajira

Modified by:MOI

|| Wednesday, February 14, 2007 ||

MORE THOUGHTS AND STORIES

January 1, 2003 was the first day I can say I ever loved someone I haven't seen. That was the day we found out that my SIL was pregnant. That time, I couldn't care less about how irresponsible she and my brother were for getting pregnant out of wedlock, thinking they were already adults and could be held accountable for their actions... so my sis and I just did our thing, giggled while jumping up and down by the door of our home as we pondered on this new addition to our family.

Fast forward to this year. January 1, 2007 was the first day I continued loving Py, despite knowing we'd never see him again. Although he died 27th of December, we could still see his earthly body during the wake. But because he was buried on the 31st of December, January 1 was the first day none of us could ever see him ever again (except for his cousin Jopy, I guess).

*~*

Cried over him two nights ago. I told my hubs that maybe it's because I didn't have Nemo beside me that night. I've taken to NEEDING Nemo again because i've missed several chances to visit Py at the cemetery.

*~*

I find it a lot sad that my sister celebrated her birthday by going to the cemetery... and will celebrate today, Valentines Day, by going there again. Then again, that is where her heart is...

*~*

My brother and SIL visited Py's tomb again yesterday.

A girl, living two streets away (inside the cemetery) asked permission to put the calachuchi flowers she picked (from the tall trees) on the flower holders of Py's tomb.

She said she was only passing by, then noticed that they share the same birthday... that's why she got flowers for him.

Isn't that... grace? :)

*~*

We've already drafted a letter to PCMC, formally requesting that we be allowed to visit the kids at their charity ward. It also seems that their Exec. Director encourages visits and parties for their patients... maybe because sick kids always need a morale booster.

I just hope they're not expecting much... because we're only a family wanting to reach out, not a foundation. But still, someone has just e-mailed me that she got too excited and bought stuff from Toy Kingdom already, to add to our goodie bags. :)

Again, isn't this grace?

*~*

One man saw the Wish Ko Lang episode featuring Py with Batista. He was greatly touched by the story... and resolved to do better with his kids. He made sure everyone was healthy, and stopped letting himself be consumed with work so he could spend time with his kids.

He was touched.

And one night, while out drinking with his buddies, he told them how his life was changed by that particular episode of a sick boy getting his wish fulfilled.

To his surprise, one of his friends was one of Pyro's godfathers... my SIL's oldest brother.

Which was why, at Py's funeral... he worked his charm to get us discounts for the services. He also helped us find Py's resting place.

I figure, he felt it's the least he could do for a boy who made him realize that he could make his life more meaningful.

Again, that's grace.

*~*

Which brings me to a rant.

A woman writing for Bulgar (the tabloid) saw the repeat of the Wish Ko Lang episode (I think twas a year-end best-episodes thing of WKL) and wrote about it. She gushed over how touched she was that Batista took time out to make a sick boy happy. She even managed to get Batista's complete name (John David? sorry, I don't have the newspaper with me).

What offends me isn't her overwhelming awe for the kindness of the wrestler (although being in the media, she should have known that stars seldom initiate such occasions, and I don't mean to take away from what Batista did, or what GMA 7 did, but it's my friends and loving strangers who brought that about)... but the fact that she said she watched the episode, and yet did not manage to get Pyro's name right. Well, she got the Joseph part right... but her short article said the sick child was named JOSEPH POPO...

Now, she's just really stupid. And am actually sad for her... because only the average-minded, superficial people (or kids, with their years of inexperience) would watch the episode and miss that the story is about giving hope to someone sick... not the wrestler...


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com