COMFORT MY MOM
send an e-mail to
LEAVE KIND WORDS
|| Friday, July 21, 2006 ||
no sad posts for today 'coz it's Pyro's birthday!
I first knew you were coming
into our lives
on New Year of 2003
and though I felt bad and sad
for your Dad
I was jumping up and down in glee
Sure enough, you arrived
seven months later
and made us all happy as can be
You were cute, a bundle of joy
We loved you and lived for you
Everybody knew and can see
Nothing has changed, darling
We still adore your face
your sweet smell
We're still amazed at how quickly
Needing us less and less
while demanding more and more
And today, all I wish for you
is good health
that you see yourself through
for the good times
God keeps you in His hands, Py
while we keep you in our hearts.
|| Sunday, July 16, 2006 ||No updates really, Py's halfway through with his radiation treatemnts. And he's celebrating his 3rd birthday on July 21 (but we'd have the small party on July 22 instead).
He's still much loved, of course.
|| Tuesday, July 04, 2006 ||FRESH TEARS, SAME FEARS
Pyro started his radiotherapy treatments the last day of June. His birthday is July 21 and we don't know if we have enough resources for a birthday party... and if he'd be up to actually party. Being a tot traumatized already by hospitals and doctors and syringes etc, he requires anesthesia every day... EVERY DAY... for THIRTY days. Unless of course we want the radiation to hit his internal organs and what-not (and if we did, we wouldn't have tried coming up with the money for this more expensive treatment).
There we were, bothered by the fact that Py, as expected, is upset with the daily treatments and isn't eating much... only to be told that he has to undergo another check-up by his team of experts at PCMC because it seems (to his radiologist) that there is A NEW MASS agressively growing right where he just had an operation less than a month ago.
(details are given to me second-hand... but my brother just told me that Py's latest CT scan before his radiation treatments suggested that there is a new mass at his mediastinum... and now they've noticed that his chest has swelled yet again, strengthening the suspicion that there IS a new mass indeed... and so soon after his second surgery... and I really don't get why his radiologist cannot make the decision to perform the lab tests necessary to verify this fear and waste precious days before the child can be brought to the other doctors)
Hay. I've been seeking comfort from friends again... crying to them over this.
God, please... make Py well na please.