Send As SMS
-->

THE CHILD

Picture Gallery
Growing Up
Growing Up 2
Growing Up 3
1st Birthday
2nd Birthday
3rd Birthday
Sick Baby
Climbing Stairs
Christmas 2004
The First Dance
Cancer discovery
Transfer to PCMC

COMFORT MY MOM

send an e-mail to


prayed for Py? e-mail your mailing address to:
delisyus @ gmail . com

LEAVE KIND WORDS


GIVE HELP

Kythe Foundation
Cancer Warriors
Save Jack Simbulan
World Vision
Give a Life
PGH
Project Brave Kids


HELPFUL LINKS

RX Pinoy
Fight Cancer
Health for Life
Philhealth Info
PGH
H.O.P.E.
FAD Inc.
Asian Health Outreach Foundation
MAX Foundation
Parallel Universes

PAST POSTS

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
July 2007
September 2007
November 2007
December 2007
March 2008

Credits Given

Powered By: Blogger
Pictures At:Photobucket and SmugMug

Layout By:Trina & Hajira

Modified by:MOI

|| Monday, June 05, 2006 ||

A GREAT BATTLE FOR HIM TODAY

I don't know what time exactly he'd be operated on today, but am guessing he's already at the O.R. being prepped.

I've just finished texting friends and family again, people with busy lives and problems of their own, to pause for a while and say a little prayer for my beloved nephew. I know I won't be disappointed.

I trust his surgeon to do everything to make sure he survives this. And after all that he's been through, i'm not as scared anymore that he'll make it through the surgery (that, or am in denial). But the bigger question is: Will this be the turning point for the better days? Will we beat his cancer this time?

*~*

I got to touch his cancer. Well, sort of. See, the new growth is at the same area, but it grew downwards. And all the delays in the lab tests and scheduling made sure the tumor will grow aggressively yet again. And last Friday, when we visited Py to bring him the gelatin I make that he loves, I touched the protruding part of his chest where the tumor lies.

And when I say 'protruding', it's like a bone dislocated or broken at your arm... you can actually touch it and feel its shape.

*~*

I'm told that Py says the same prayer over and over. God, I pray You'll grant him his wish.

*~*

I painstakingly learned to create photo slides ala AVP for him, with songs like God Only Knows, Just the Way You Are, All You Need Is Love, Baby Love, Somewhere Out There and Tulog Na... featuring mostly his baby pictures (except for Tulog Na because that would seem morbid so I just got pictures off the internet of babies and animals sleeping).

I honestly thought it would delight Py.

But I felt it made him feel depressed... because he just watched it quietly, perched in my sister's arms. And you can see in his eyes that somewhere in that baby mind of his, wheels are turning and some things were too big for him yet to express.

I made sure not to include pics of him without his hair (and generally used pics of him up to 2 years of age)... and now am thinking if that was a mistake or not.

*~*

He's still cute you know. I felt that he was a little warm so his yaya got his digital thermometer. While my sis and cousins were playing 1-2-3 pass with his cousins (he'd sometimes mess with them by shouting 1-2-3-4-5 ting-ting-ting ala boxing/wrestling)... I got his temp.

I got sidetracked and didn't notice the beep but he did. He matter-of-factly removed the thermometer and told me, "Tapos na. 36"

:) His temp was 37.35 degrees Centigrade.


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com